Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset software FEC MCF52255

Jump to solution
kappa74
Contributor IV

Good morning,

I'm using MCF52255 controller with MQX3.8.1 and CW10.

I want to reset the FEC at this time and I implemented a procedure in the attachment (reset_fec.c). In the function I always get from the function ENET_shutdown the error "ENETERR_DEVICE_IN_USE".

How do I stop the device? Where is my error?

Which is the procedure and the functions that I need to use for resetting the FEC (Fast Ethernet Controller)?

Thank you

Best Regards

Mirko

Original Attachment has been moved to: reset_fec.c.zip

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mirko,

before ENET_shutdown() we need to call ipcfg_unbind() and RTCS_if_remove(). Unfortunately this doesn't unallocate all memory, some semaphore destroys are missing that have been created.

A new function ipcfg_release_device() will be introduced in MQX 4.0.1 which can shutdown the enet device and free memory resources properly. MQX 4.0.1 should be out very soon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mirko,

before ENET_shutdown() we need to call ipcfg_unbind() and RTCS_if_remove(). Unfortunately this doesn't unallocate all memory, some semaphore destroys are missing that have been created.

A new function ipcfg_release_device() will be introduced in MQX 4.0.1 which can shutdown the enet device and free memory resources properly. MQX 4.0.1 should be out very soon.

0 Kudos
kappa74
Contributor IV

Hi Martin,

thank you

0 Kudos