QSPI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AloysiusJegan
Contributor III

Hi,

I am new to MCF52259 and MQX. I wanted one information regarding QSPI before starting my project.

In the above mentioned chip, we have one QSPI. I wanted to read a time critical data for every 15ms and do firmware upgrade whenever it is available. For both operation I'll be using the same QSPI. Every 15 ms the hardware interrupt will be generated and it is given to QSPI to read the data.

Assume that now the firmware upgrade is going on through the same QSPI and the interrupt also generated with high priority, Now what will happen? please explain to me.

Thanks.

-AJ

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi AJ,

This is an unusual setup so I am only making suggestions and observations.

Usually if doing a formware upgrade, the other capabilities in the system are disabled.

If however your application requires continue collection of samples at the 15ms rate, you would have to buffer the sample to RAM until the firmware update is complete and then copy the buffer to your desired location after the firmware upgrade completes.  This way you have minimal delay during firmware upgrade.

I usually see firmware upgrade as part of a bootloader application so that if there is a brown out (power failure) during upgrade the system will recover and restart the bootloader application.  I have not seen a bootloader collecting data samples too.

Best Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi AJ,

This is an unusual setup so I am only making suggestions and observations.

Usually if doing a formware upgrade, the other capabilities in the system are disabled.

If however your application requires continue collection of samples at the 15ms rate, you would have to buffer the sample to RAM until the firmware update is complete and then copy the buffer to your desired location after the firmware upgrade completes.  This way you have minimal delay during firmware upgrade.

I usually see firmware upgrade as part of a bootloader application so that if there is a brown out (power failure) during upgrade the system will recover and restart the bootloader application.  I have not seen a bootloader collecting data samples too.

Best Regards,

David

0 Kudos