Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with RTCS in K60

Jump to solution
cronddaemon
Contributor II

Hi,

I have TWR-K60D100M, which has PK60DN512VMD102, MCU.

I am trying with RTCS  using the guide, "Using MQX Libraries ",Document no: AN3907 Rev 0, 06/2009

And, getting compilation error,

Overflow in segment: rom from section: .main_application Segment reserved size is: 0x0000fbe0 -- Overflow of: 0x0000bf28    

Code warrior info:

- CodeWarrior for MCU

Version: 10.2

Build Id:120126

What I did is,

File->New->MQX 4.0 Project ->project_name->chose TWR-K60D100M->New Application->Enable "Add RTCS support"->Basic application->DHCP->connection_type->Finish

I tried to create a normal project [without any MFS,RTCS enabled when creating project ] and added the rtcs.a lib manually to the project. In this case, when I include "rtcs.h", compiler gives error as, file not found.

and, when I call the function, "RTCS_Create()", I am getting the first mentioned overflow error. If I comment this function call, the error is dis-appearing.

I am new to freescale product and code warrior. Can anyone help to solve the problem ?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
1 Solution
santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you please confirm that you have chosen the option "Internal Flash". In the Project menu in CW 10.3, after the name of the project it should say Internal Flash, not Internal RAM.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Crond,

You need to build the MQX Libraries for your specific board in order to be able to import projects.

Please go to:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\doc

And read Chapter 2 "Building the MQX Libraries" of the documents "FSL_MQX_Getting_Started.pdf".

The rest of the document also explain the first steps with MQX.

You should also check that you are compiling the project for Internal Flash, instead of Internal RAM.

Regards,

Santiago

cronddaemon
Contributor II

I did that only as first step. With the TWR model I have, the SER port is

ttyd. By default MQX use ttya. I changed and compiled the lib. Now, all my

proitf o/p, I am getting at ttyd.

And, I did some experiments with task creation and sync also.

Is there any other thing I need to change in user_config.h to use rtcslib.

The rtcs enable macro is set to 1 already.

thanks

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Santiago Gonzalez Fabian <

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello crond,

if you have looked up the overflow message here in the community, I believe you would have found an answer to it. Follow fabian's advice to change to FLASH target which has enough size.

Regards,

MartinK

cronddaemon
Contributor II

Hi Kojto,

yes. I might have found the answer.  I am new to this  forum, I am not fully aware about the layout of this forum [ I agree, 'search' is common,basic option] . And mainly, this forum page alone taking a very very very long time to load. My other tabs are working fine. That is why, I straightway asked as a new question. Sorry.

But, I keep in mind of what you said. Thanks

0 Kudos
santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you please confirm that you have chosen the option "Internal Flash". In the Project menu in CW 10.3, after the name of the project it should say Internal Flash, not Internal RAM.

0 Kudos
cronddaemon
Contributor II

hey sorry, did not read your reply fully at first place.

yes, changing to internal flash solved the problem. thanks a lot.

Thanks,

Crond

Message was edited by: crond daemon

0 Kudos