显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

Need WiFi Solution for Kinetis CPU, MQX, and IAR Embedded Workbench

跳至解决方案
2,511 次查看
PlusPlus
Contributor I

I have a new design where we would like to use the TWR-K60N512 with either the Redpine or the GainSpan board along with MQX and the IAR Embedded Workbench tool chain.  Is this going to be possible in the near term or do I need to scrap the idea of using the Kinetis microcontroller with WiFi in a Tower system?

标记 (3)
0 项奖励
1 解答
1,144 次查看
GainSpanWi-Fi
Contributor III

Hi Jody

GainSpan has recently launched the GS1500M for the Tower system, with optimum support for the Kinetis L. Here's the link on the Freescale site:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-WIFI-GS1500M

Let me know if you have questions!

Lien

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
11 回复数
1,145 次查看
GainSpanWi-Fi
Contributor III

Hi Jody

GainSpan has recently launched the GS1500M for the Tower system, with optimum support for the Kinetis L. Here's the link on the Freescale site:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-WIFI-GS1500M

Let me know if you have questions!

Lien

0 项奖励
1,144 次查看
vedad
Contributor II

Hi,

I am currently working on IMX25 with WhizNets WiFi module. and I also worked on K60 with the same module. Both of the platforms are working fine. I got the solution off-the-self where I need not to write much of coding or porting the driver over the platform.

1,144 次查看
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ++.

Redpine and GainSpan are working on the Kinetis WiFi support.  Should have patch next month first from Redpine then GainSpan.

Regards,

David

0 项奖励
1,144 次查看
PlusPlus
Contributor I

I just received an alpha release of Redpine Signals' patch for their RS-2101 for use with the K60 and IAR Systems EWARM.  So far, it doesn't work for me.  It basically gets hung-up during initialization.  Unfortunately, Redpine Signals has some weird policy where they will not correspond with anyone (be they customer or not) that does not have a "corporate" e-mail address.  I have informed them that if they refuse to help me at least get their demo WiFi application to work, I will remove their product from my design.  This all seem ridiculous to me.  If I'm designing a product with their module in it, doesn't that equate to sales $$ for them?  Should I switch to the GainSpan solution?  :smileymad:

0 项奖励
1,144 次查看
cuongpt
Contributor I

Hi everyone!

I need a demo (either baremetal or MQX project) for TWR-RS2101 to use with TWR-K60. How can i find it ?

In MQX Redpine patch for MQX.3.6.2, I see only demo for TWRMCF52259.

Thanks in advance!

0 项奖励
1,144 次查看
GottiLuca
Contributor IV

Dear Mr. cuongpt,

I'm happy not to be the unique engineer in the world that is trying to use the a Wifi Module with the TWR-K60 !!

I've been able to use the GainSpan Module Wifi and only in UART mode . See the post on this argument here : https://community.freescale.com/message/87642#87642 .

In any case, i suppose it's better to wait for the new patch of GainSpan and Redpine ...

0 项奖励
1,144 次查看
GainSpanSupport
Contributor I

The GainSpan Wi-Fi patch for Kinetis K60 with MQX 3.7 and CW 10.1 is expected to be released by end of this month.

Sincerely

Ravi

0 项奖励
1,144 次查看
GottiLuca
Contributor IV

We're at the end of July and the MQX driver has not yet released .

Any news on this topic .. ?

0 项奖励
1,144 次查看
TDCQ
Contributor I

Well. I am another guy who tried to put K60 and Redpine WiFi together......

I got a beta release of MQX3.7 from Freescale; a project named light_webserver_wifi do exist in the demo folder. After successfully compilation - It just doesn't work! - stuck in the initialization stage.

Plus it took about 8 minutes to download the image into target, anybody can shine a light on this unresonable slow issue?

Hardware tower K60N512 + Redpine WiFi

Software Codewarrior 10.1.5 (Eclipse flavor, yes it is 10.1.5 whcih include a compiler update for MQX3.7 beta release)

MQX 3.7 July 2011 beta

Project light_webserver_wifi

0 项奖励
1,144 次查看
GottiLuca
Contributor IV

Still waiting for the GainSpan and Redpine K60 MQX driver ...

When these drivers will be available ?

0 项奖励
1,144 次查看
TDCQ
Contributor I

Hi GottiLuca,

I believe Freescale is going to release the redpine driver for K60 very soon. I got a beta release and trying now, even though not succssessful yet, but the release notes indise do assert K60 is supported and I found the demo project light_webserver_wifi is dedicated for K60+redpine, contact technical support to get a beta release if you want.

0 项奖励