Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX RTOS Licensing Information

Jump to solution
mithunp_s
Contributor III

Dear All,

One of my customer has requirement of MQX RTOS for their project on industrial PID temperature controller.

Freescale - MK60DX series microcontroller has been selected. I require the following details about the MQX RTOS.

Please help on below details,

• Cost of basic Freescale MQX RTOS, licencing
  • Cost details of TCP/IP & USB stack for the above RTOS
  • Memory requirement for the RTOS

Regards

Mithun

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

regarding to your question:

MQX itself is free. but it need CW professional license support. this is CW suite price list:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_SUITES&tid=CWH

TCP/IP & USB stack are included in MQX RTOS. needn;t extra cost

I checked MQX for K60.  It shows MQX USB stack is using 11.5K bytes code size and 2K bytes SRAM size.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
iafg
Contributor IV

Memory size is hard to determine without some testing of your exact needs and build settings. You'll tend to see larger sizes with the demos since the isn't any optimization of buffers etc. For example a webserver with Ethernet could be 96k +

0 Kudos
iafg
Contributor IV

Mqx license is paid for by Freescale, they provide it complimentary for most Freescale processors. This includes Ethernet stack, USB stack (host, device, hub), file system, shell, documentation and examples. There are some add on pieces that are extra cost if you need them- Like ssl and ash.

You really do want task aware debugging though. This comes with codewarrior pro and IAR tools.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

regarding to your question:

MQX itself is free. but it need CW professional license support. this is CW suite price list:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_SUITES&tid=CWH

TCP/IP & USB stack are included in MQX RTOS. needn;t extra cost

I checked MQX for K60.  It shows MQX USB stack is using 11.5K bytes code size and 2K bytes SRAM size.

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello Mithun P,

the answers can be found here :

General MQX FAQ

Regards,

c1070

0 Kudos
mithunp_s
Contributor III

Dear Martin,

Thanks for the link, but nothing is clear about the licencing agreement, IT points to Embedded Access Inc.

Embedded Access Inc tells these stacks are free of cost but there is no clarity where I can download/DVD for Embedded Access Inc.

Please let me know do I get all TCP/IP stack with the latest MQX RTOS installation or I need to add separately

Regards

Mithun.

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

no ordering is required, just download MQX installation and check it by yourself. USB and RTCS are included there with source code.

Regards,

c1070