cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K70 SAI driver missing read and write functions

Jump to solution
pbanta
Contributor IV

I am trying to use the i2s_demo code on a K70 board and MQX 4.1.  It's all going well until the first write() to the sai1: device.  In the "play" shell command there is this loop:

/* Play a file */     printf("  Playing a file...");     while (!feof(file_ptr))     {         requested = fread(data, 1, block_size, file_ptr);         if (ferror(file_ptr) && !(feof(file_ptr)))         {             printf("\n  Error reading from a file %s.\n", argv[2]);             break;         }         write(device_ptr, data, requested);     }

Line 13 above is going to end up calling _io_sai_int_write() below:

_mqx_int _io_sai_int_write (     /* [IN] the handle returned from _fopen */     MQX_FILE_PTR    fd_ptr,

/* [IN] where the data are to be stored */     char        *data_ptr,

/* [IN] the number of bytes to read */     _mqx_int        n ) {  /* Body */     IO_DEVICE_STRUCT_PTR         io_dev_ptr;     IO_SAI_DEVICE_STRUCT_PTR io_sai_dev_ptr;     uint32_t result;

io_dev_ptr     = (IO_DEVICE_STRUCT_PTR)fd_ptr->DEV_PTR;     io_sai_dev_ptr = (void *)io_dev_ptr->DRIVER_INIT_PTR;         _lwsem_wait(&io_sai_dev_ptr->LWSEM);

result = (*io_sai_dev_ptr->DEV_WRITE)(io_sai_dev_ptr, data_ptr, n);         _lwsem_post(&io_sai_dev_ptr->LWSEM);         return result;

}  /* Endbody */

In line 22 in _io_sai_int_write() above, (*io_sai_dev_ptr->DEV_WRITE) is 0x00000000 !!

That's because in init_sai.c in the BSP the read and write function pointers are set to NULL:

const SAI_INIT_STRUCT _bsp_sai_init = {     "sai1:",     _ksai_dma_init,     _ksai_dma_deinit,     NULL,     NULL,     _ksai_dma_ioctl,     &_bsp_ksai_init };

What's going on with this demo?

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pbanta
Contributor IV

Nevermind.  I made a mistake trying to use the I2S Demo code with the SAI DMA driver.  It's not meant to work together.  Use the sai_dma_demo, instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pbanta
Contributor IV

Nevermind.  I made a mistake trying to use the I2S Demo code with the SAI DMA driver.  It's not meant to work together.  Use the sai_dma_demo, instead.

0 Kudos