How to connect USB/CDC port with RTCS stack?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect USB/CDC port with RTCS stack?

rickstuart
Contributor V

Hi,

I am trying to connect the Freescale USB/CDC example to the RTCS stack.  The USB/CDC example (when working (see solution at the bottom of this thread:I have compiled and uploaded the Freescale 4.1.1 virtual_nic example - how do I verify it is working...)) connects the Ethernet port to the USB/CDC port.  What I want to do is connect the USB/CDC port to the RTCS stack.

Looking through the RTCS code, I see that a structure of type IP_IF_PTR is passed from the Ethernet code to the RTCS code.  As far as I can tell, no similar structure is created in the USB/CDC code.

My 1st question is:  Is there already code somewhere to create this structure for messages received through the USB/CDC port?

If not, my 2nd question is:  Where do I find a good description or how to populate a new structure?  But I think I already know the answer to that one: "MQXRTCSUG.pdf" (let's see, section 8.3.31 probably).

Of course, if I am looking at this all wrong - please let me know.

-thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately we do not know about such code.

You are right, low level layers for RTCS are not documented very well.

We know about this gap in documentation and one of task for designers is preparing documentation for adding new interfaces to RTCS. Current plan for this documentation release is MQX for KSDK 1.3

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Have a great day,
RadekS

0 Kudos