cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Profile my application and downgrade the processor

Jump to solution
rajakh
Contributor I

IDE - ARM DS-5 with professional license.

Platform- TWR-VF65GS10 Vybrid Tower

RTOS - MQX

Peripheral used: two I2S port, three UART port, one I2C, Ethernet, USB, SPI Flash, ten GPIOs.

I have made a application based on RTCS, USB; currently using 30 tasks, the application is running on vybrid chip and code boots from QSPI flash, binary size is 212KB.

Due to cost constraint we are planning to downgrade the chip to another freescale chip. What is the steps to be considered to choose a lower-end processor to run my application. What analysis should i do to run my current application in the downgraded chip. How to calculate MIPS, stack size, memory consumed by the application. Can i use ARM DS-5 Streamline for MQX based application. Can i generate Trace report.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Just to let you know I doubt there is a MCU (lower-end processor) that boots over QSPI. But the devices that are closer to Vybrid are the Kinetis Family, the next not available yet ARM Cortex-M4 Cores|Kinetis K8x MCUs|Freescale  I thinkg is the closest one.

To analyze your application in MQX you can use the MQX TAD.

The next document explains a few features of TAD How to use MQX performance tool and TAD in MQX Lite  that may find helpful.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

View solution in original post

3 Replies
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Just to let you know I doubt there is a MCU (lower-end processor) that boots over QSPI. But the devices that are closer to Vybrid are the Kinetis Family, the next not available yet ARM Cortex-M4 Cores|Kinetis K8x MCUs|Freescale  I thinkg is the closest one.

To analyze your application in MQX you can use the MQX TAD.

The next document explains a few features of TAD How to use MQX performance tool and TAD in MQX Lite  that may find helpful.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

rajakh
Contributor I

Any hope to get response?

0 Kudos
rajakh
Contributor I

Expecting your response at the earliest as the project is going for production.

Thank you

0 Kudos