CW10.3 wont program MRAM at all via my Cyclone MAX (Ethernet or USB)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10.3 wont program MRAM at all via my Cyclone MAX (Ethernet or USB)

Jump to solution
CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

Hi Guys,

Firstly, I have been using MQX in production since MQX3.0, so I have a fair idea about the tool chain and how it all works. I also have two programmers, two computers and two installations doing exactly the same thing. This is our first week back after a long Christmas break, so I hope its just something we are doing wrong.

I cant get the MRAM program from the 2 x cyclone's or 1 x Multilink on 2 x computers (all flash programming, and all software work, software can even write / read from MRAM, just not the programmers). The thing wont work with MRAM debug for hello world example or my production code, and no writing variables in there via way of manually putting them in MRAM space, or, using the linker to put code in the MRAM space. Anything in the S19 that is in MRAM space 100% does not get written, ever. I know 100% this all should work as I have quite a lot of experience.

Right now I have production units that need to be shipped and am now madly trying to roll back to CW10.2 which I know works.

Any help? please? (I have a service request pointed at this thread)

Details:

Cyclone MAX Updated software to 7.72-6.0, tried Ethernet and USB

Multilink same result

MQX3.7

CW10.3 current version that was just released

52259evb (52259 evaluation board with MRAM)

Windows 7

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zahar
Contributor IV

Hi All,

Inability to write to MRAM is a known issue in CW10.3. Both P&E and debugger teams are working to address this issue in upcoming CW10.3 Update 2 patch. It is now scheduled to be released on the beginning of May.

P&E has an MRAM programming algorithm that can be used to program MRAM outside of Codewarrior tool suite. It works with all P&E hardware interfaces, including Cyclone MAX (interactive/stand alone) as well as Multilink Universal and Multilink Universal FX.

Carl, please contact me directly at zahar "dot" raskin "at" pemicro "dot" com and we will get you up and running.

Best Regards,
Zahar

P&E

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Zahar
Contributor IV

Hi All,

Inability to write to MRAM is a known issue in CW10.3. Both P&E and debugger teams are working to address this issue in upcoming CW10.3 Update 2 patch. It is now scheduled to be released on the beginning of May.

P&E has an MRAM programming algorithm that can be used to program MRAM outside of Codewarrior tool suite. It works with all P&E hardware interfaces, including Cyclone MAX (interactive/stand alone) as well as Multilink Universal and Multilink Universal FX.

Carl, please contact me directly at zahar "dot" raskin "at" pemicro "dot" com and we will get you up and running.

Best Regards,
Zahar

P&E

0 Kudos
CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

Any idea when there is a release coming?

10.2 is a nightmare to use, and we cant upgrade to MQX3.8... Is there an alternative to programming MRAM from the IDE?? some work around?

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carl,

This issue with CW10.3 has been reported by another customer (via our SR system) and our technical support team is investigating.

I'll keep track and post back to here.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
butok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just want to confirm that MRAM downloading does not work correctly in CW10.3 release (checked on M52259EVB).

It reports that the downloading was successful. But actually its content is not changed.

Workaround: Use CW10.2 or classical CW7.2, till it will be fixed.

0 Kudos
CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

Any update or ETA?

We really have troubles with 10.2, there are so many issues and its hard to stay focused when fighting the tool chain constantly.

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carl,

Good news, bads news.

Support response received:

After many back and forth with CW developers they found the reason of this problem.

Unforunately I don't know when this bug is going to be fixed. I hope the next CW10.3 update patch will include the fix.

The ticket number realted to this issue is CR:ENGR00242360.

Should you need to contact us with regard to this message, please see the notes below.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

This is a huge problem for us guys, really costing us development time. We are stuck using 10.2 which is the worst platform ever, buggy as hell and we waste so much time with work arounds.

Can we get an ETA on the patch? Can we get a work around so we can use 10.3 and somehow manually program MRAM?? I really cant use 10.2, its terrible, I am at the point where I would also write my own bootloader that will allow a serial port to program MRAM, its just that bad... But I cant afford the couple of days in development.

0 Kudos
CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

While we are here, I wish PE or Freesscale would release a programming algorithm that actually works for MRAM! After 4 service requested over 3 years with both Freescale and PE Micro we have not got a working algorithm for the MRAM. Currently the only way to even program MRAM is to use 10.3 beta or less and 'download' using debug / run, or, write your own loader that programs MRAM.

This makes production very inefficient. They supply one, but it simply does not work.

I wonder if this is why CW10.3 is not working? Freescale are apparently using PE programming instead of their own on this release (or something along those lines).. Seems like PE dont know how to initialise the Flexbus for MRAM? i.e. my_mcf5225_init and my_bsp_flexbus_mram_setup which I have sent the actual lines of code they need to run and still now luck... They have stopped replying to me, and Freescale say 'not our problem, talk to PE'.

0 Kudos