Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDC and MSD on the same device

Jump to solution
mircopizzichini
Contributor III

Hi all

I want to add USB device functionalities to my K10 based device: connecting it to a PC via USB, it should emulate a virtual com, and at the same time I should be able to access to the SD card file system.

Is it possible to use simultaneously both CDC and MSD profiles provided in USB stack examples?

I've just implemented CDC, and before adapting MSD example to my project, I would like to know if it's possibile having both profiles.

Thank you very much,

Mirco

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately this isn’t possible with current USB stack (part of MQX 4.1.1).

Current USB stack don’t support composite device.

This will be possible in new USB stack which will be prepared for next MQX release (probably MQX4.2 in 1Q of 2015)

CDC+MSC will be one of example applications.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately this isn’t possible with current USB stack (part of MQX 4.1.1).

Current USB stack don’t support composite device.

This will be possible in new USB stack which will be prepared for next MQX release (probably MQX4.2 in 1Q of 2015)

CDC+MSC will be one of example applications.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
matthewkendall
Contributor V

I hope the new capabilities will include having multiple instances of the same class, e.g. a composite device consisting of two CDC.

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the new USB stack will support the multiple instances of the same class in MQX4.2. There will be also document to guide user how to build a multiple instances...

0 Kudos
mircopizzichini
Contributor III

Thank you Radek, so now I implement only MSC.

I'll wait the next MQX release for both

Mirco

0 Kudos