Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug ram and debug flash

omar_zayed
Contributor II

Hallo,

I am using an MPC5748g devkit. 

I am debugging the program using debug ram and debug flash, but i get different results, meaning that i reach the desired functionality when i build and debug my code in debug ram, and when i try to build it and debug it in flash mode 

it does not work the same. 

I don't get any errors or warnings when building, its just the functionality and performance.

Can anyone help? 

Labels (1)
3 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

it is expected that the performance will be different. The flash memory is not so fast, some wait states are necessary at high system frequency:

pastedImage_1.png

RAM memory can be accessed in single cycle. If you enable cache memory, this difference can be eliminated up to some level.

A functionality of what? If you don't have troubles with performance or if your application is not highly dependent on timing, the functionality (of something) should be the same regardless of used memory.

Regards,

Lukas

omar_zayed
Contributor II

Hallo Lucas,

Thank you so much for your answer, i am implementing a flexray-adapter,therefore it is really time dependant.

The thing is when i am using the flash, i am missing some flexray cycles, which doesnt happen, or happens alot fewer when using the RAM.

regards,

Omar

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

then try to enable cache memory (if not already done), move some tasks to other cores, check if you are running at max possible frequencies...

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos