cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WolfSSL on MPC5748G devkit

Jump to solution
MattJCole
Contributor V

Is there a way to get the WolfSSL to work on the LWIP example project. There is an option to have WolfSSL with SSL Echo server but when I run  it I get a DEV_ASSERT on HSM_ENABLED in the HSM_DRV_Init function.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Matthew,

as mentioned in the user manual, you need to have device with HSM firmware:

lukaszadrapa_0-1653307104085.png

Devices with HSM firmware can be obtained only from our sales, the devices have special part numbers (not SPC57... as usual). If you are interested, please contact your local NXP sales.

Another option is to reconfigure WolfSSL to use only software functions instead of HSM.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MattJCole
Contributor V

Thanks

0 Kudos
MattJCole
Contributor V

How do I contact NXP sales to get the HSM firmware 

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Matthew,

I'm sorry for delayed response, I was out of office.

If there's no NXP sales person assigned to you, please contact our authorized distributors:

https://www.nxp.com/support/sample-and-buy/distributor-network:DISTRIBUTORS

However, in case of parts with HSM firmware, the situation is little bit complicated - these parts are provided rather to direct customers only, not to mass market customers. I'm afraid the request may be rejected.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
MattJCole
Contributor V

To make sure the HSM is not a separate chip in need to buy but a module on the CPU. I have the MPC5748G Secure Gateway Development Board and when I looked at the schematics, I could not find an external chip for HSM.

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, it's a module on MPC5748G. Standard parts don't have the firmware installed, so HSM cannot be used at all.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Matthew,

as mentioned in the user manual, you need to have device with HSM firmware:

lukaszadrapa_0-1653307104085.png

Devices with HSM firmware can be obtained only from our sales, the devices have special part numbers (not SPC57... as usual). If you are interested, please contact your local NXP sales.

Another option is to reconfigure WolfSSL to use only software functions instead of HSM.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos