RappID boot loader utility erase and program

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RappID boot loader utility erase and program

prathapvc
Contributor III
When i flashed the application code through .s19 file by selecting "erase and program" option i found that the bootloader erases all 31 blocks of flash memory (including some data which was already present at 30th block in flash memory) in MPC5777C but the 32-bit address mentioned in last line of .s19 file (of application code) is only upto 2nd block of flash memory so is there any option to stop erasing all 31 blocks of flash memory while flashing application code through RappId bootloader Utility
0 Kudos
7 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

AFAIK RAppID bootloader performs mass erase of code flash before programming.

If you intend to keep some data between two programming sessions you can

1) save the address range before programming into s-record

2) merge the s-record with your firmware s-record

3) erase & program merged s-record file 

Alternatively you can program your data into an alternative memory (DFLASH, UFASH) by JTAG probe. These memories are not erased by RappID Bootloader.

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos

prathapvc
Contributor III

Hi Stan

We want to store the calibration data of our board in flash memory (block 30) through RappID bootloader without erasing the application code already flashed in block 1 and 2 of Flash memory Large Blocks (8M) in MPC5777C and since calibration data varies from board to board we dont want to merge the calibration data into application code file(s-record)  and maintain different application file (s-record) for each board as application code remains same for all boards. 

So as per your reply do you suggest to store the calibration data in EEPROM Data block or UTEST block in flash memory by JTAG probe which will not be erased by RappID Bootloader.

Also can you provide a RappID boot loader utility which will erase and program only those blocks of flash memory as per the address range mentioned in s-record file

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

I've escallated your feature request to the product team. They may consider to add this feature in a future release.

Stan

0 Kudos

prathapvc
Contributor III

Hi Stan,

We have used MPC5777C in our board and we are stuck because of this feature is not available in RappID boot loader utility due to which we are not able to release the board soon so request you to discuss with the product team and add this feature ASAP

Regards,

Prathap

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

It has been told to me that there is no any further release of RAppID bootloader planned. 

I'm affraid you will have to use a workaround instead of waiting till this feature is implemented.

Please note that RAppiD BL can operate from command line. This mght be useful for scripting/automation of multiple processing steps (such as S-rec merging, read memory, programming)

See RAppID user manual section 3.5

stanish_0-1620213206827.png

regards,

Stan

0 Kudos

prathapvc
Contributor III

Hi Stan,

Can you suggest whether we can store the calibration data in EEPROM Data block (0x00030000 - 0x0003FFFF) or UTEST block (0x00400000 - 0x00403FFF) in flash memory through JTAG probe which is not supposed to be erased by RappID Bootloader.

0 Kudos

prathapvc
Contributor III

Please find the attached .s19 file which is used to flash through RappID bootloader utility by selecting "erase and program" option. It is found that all 31 blocks of flash memory is erased and then programmed instead of erasing only flash memory address mentioned in .s19 file

0 Kudos