cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while Running in stand alone without Debugger

chidambaramvelu
Contributor II

Dear All,

I am using MPC5777M development board with Engineering Sample controller (PPC5777MMVU8A) and programmed through P&E Multilink Debugger and the device is running in standalone, but when using Mask specification qualified controller (SPC5777MMVU8) with the same debugger and same development board, the device is working while debugging and after the removal of debugger/ next Power On, the program is not working.

Is there any issue with debugger or in project settings..???

Kindly revert me as soon as possible.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

there is one difference between PPC and SPC microcontrollers. SPC microcontroller's BAM sets RUN_CFG bit in register PCTL15 to value 3. If you do not know this fact it leads to incorrect Mode Entry module settings and SIUL2 peripheral should be frozen. This does not happen with debugger, because if PEMicro debugger is connected, BAM is not executed by default.

Please add the following code somewhere to your Mode Entry module settings (before you do mode transition):

MC_ME.PCTL15.B.RUN_CFG = 0;

You described the problem generally, so I hope this helps you. If not, please write me back and describe your problem more detail.

Regards,

Martin

chidambaramvelu
Contributor II

Thanks Martin Kovar,

Now it's working fine in our board.

0 Kudos