cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5746R Online BIST Problem

erdemms
Contributor I

Dear community,

I'm trying to implement online BIST for MPC5746R according to topic " Example MPC5746R Online BIST GHS614".

The problem is that after starting the test (with RUNSW register), the debugger connection lost and I cannot read the registers I need. Therefore, test is started with reset button (BIST executed at first in the code) and debugger is connected at the run time to check registers. However, I'm unable to verify registers. It seems test is not executed. Can you help me with the code?

Test code is attached.
I will appreciate your help

Best Regards, thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The problem is that after starting the test (with RUNSW register), the debugger connection lost and I cannot read the registers I need. Therefore, test is started with reset button (BIST executed at first in the code) and debugger is connected at the run time to check registers. However, I'm unable to verify registers. It seems test is not executed. Can you help me with the code?

There is really no issue here.

I am curious how do you want to read micro registers if they are being accessed and tested by BIST patterns.

The device will perform the Online BIST and then reset the device. That is why you will loose connection with debug tool.

After reset you can attach with debugger and read the results from SW registers.

But I guess you code is running right into the next Online BIST as you do not have any result reading routine present for debugging.

regards,

Peter

0 Kudos