cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5604s supervisor mode

mhogun
Contributor I

Hi All,

I am trying to set D_FLASH bit in the Functional Event Reset Disable Register (RGM_FERD),but the value is not reflecting in the register .

In datasheet it is mentioned as ,

It can be accessed in read/write in either supervisor mode or test mode.It can be accessed in read only in user mode.

I want to  generate  an interrupt request when a code or data flash fatal error occurs

Please guide me to resolve the above issues.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, this bit is read only (W field is grey) as you can see in the screenshot below:

pastedImage_1.png

It means you cannot generate interrupt in this case and device always will be reset.

0 Kudos

mhogun
Contributor I

Thanks David.

I have another question to ask.

I am trying to set D_CMU0_FHL bit in the Functional Event Reset Disable Register (RGM_FERD),but the value is not reflecting in the register .

In datasheet it is mentioned as ,

It can be accessed in read/write in either supervisor mode or test mode.It can be accessed in read only in user mode.

I want to  generate  an interrupt request when a clock frequency higher/lower than reference.

How to enter into supervisor or test mode in mpc5604s .

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Switching between supervisor/user mode I have described here, but I don't think it is the reason of your issue:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/358090 

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

"Each byte can be written only once after power-on reset."

I have just tried to modify the bit immediately after Power-on-reset and I was capable to modify register content.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

mhogun
Contributor I

I have tried to modify the register but it was not happening. Whether we need to modify the register in startup code ?

Can u please share the code which you have used to change the  register?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos

mhogun
Contributor I

Hi David,

I have tried to modify the register but it was not happening. Whether we need to modify the register in startup code ?

Can u please share the code which you have used to change the  register?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos