Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC555 General Market CMF Drivers

Jump to solution
tbonkers
Contributor II

Hi,

I searched and was not able to find the aforementioned drivers. I need the documentation and code - can you let me know where to search?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

that's pretty old package, it's from 2002. I was able to run the file on Win7 PC. Virtual WinXP should also work, I guess. I also tested compatibility mode on Win10 but no luck at all... and I tried all possible settings.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
tbonkers
Contributor II

Thank you for the prompt reply. I downloaded and unzipped the file from the linked thread, however there's no PDF in it. There's a short readme without any info on the drivers. Can you please upload the file GeneralMarketDriverForMPC555UserManualV1.0.4.pdf?

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

when you run the installation file, you can find all the resources in folder c:\Program Files\Motorola SPS\...

User manual is attached.

Regards,

Lukas

tbonkers
Contributor II

Thank you for the clarification - my problem appears to be that I cannot install the EXE file on a Windows 10 PC.

Is there anything that can be done about that, or should I use a virtual Windows XP or any other version?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

that's pretty old package, it's from 2002. I was able to run the file on Win7 PC. Virtual WinXP should also work, I guess. I also tested compatibility mode on Win10 but no luck at all... and I tried all possible settings.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have already shared the package in this thread:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/MPC5xxx/MPC555-FLASH-program-GMD-driver-source-code/m-p/1161827

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
tbonkers
Contributor II

Hi,

Is there some documentation or guidance on how to use the files you linked to? I am developing a flash programming tool and would like to load flash erase/program routines in target RAM.

Thank you

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

there's user manual in the package - GeneralMarketDriverForMPC555UserManualV1.0.4.pdf

and there are also SW examples.

If you are developing flash programming tool, you can take a look at:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN3283.pdf

It's written for MPC55xx, so it's different, but just to get an idea... See section 5 Creating the Flash Programming Tool.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos