cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use UART functionality in MPC5748G devkit

laxmikanthindur
Contributor III

Hello ,

I wan to interface my MPC5748G with a wi-fi device. wi-fii device supports only UART, we have UART (LinFlexD_2) in MPC5748G dev kit.

unfortunately  it is multiplexed with openSDA .

how do i use openSDA and also wi-fi device both ? is it not possible to use both ? if not what could be the alternative solution ?

pastedImage_1.png

4 Replies

jfrey
Contributor IV

Use a different UART. The OpenSDA micro-USB is UART_2 (PC8/PC9)

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/quick-reference-guide/DEVKIT-MPC5748G-QSG.pdf

UART_4 is on J2-03/J2-01 (PA5/PA6)

0 Kudos

laxmikanthindur
Contributor III

in connection with the above question; there are some more issues i am facing as attached in the snap shots, i am using FlexLin_device-2 for UART which is basically a USB port (Pin no. PC9 Rx and PC8 Tx).

I am trying to print "hello" on the termite monitor it is printing as "eello", and if i try "wello" it is printing "xello", if I try to pass as "Hello", it is working perfect where as if i try for "HELLO" is is printing as "HAlll", what is problem where could be issue ? 

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

this is known issue, which is caused by OpenSDA firmware. We have already sent many notices to PeMicro, who is owner of the firmware, but they have not been able to fix this so far.

The best solution is used another UART as Jed F mentioned below.

Regards,

Martin

jfrey
Contributor IV

Why doesn't NXP spend the time and effort into developing an opensource alternative to the "Open"SDA? I realize the delicate balance between not stepping on the toes of customers and peers, but at the same time the DEVKIT- are crippled by OpenSDA.

I've tried, unsuccessfully, to sponsor a senior design / capstone project at a local university. With NXP's presence you could probably make it a contest or Summer of Code project.

0 Kudos