cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with MPC5777C using Autosar flash driver

Jump to solution
ajmerijaimin
Contributor III

I'm new AUTOSAR. I was told to develop Flash memory and NVM driver based on Autosar Spec with GHS compiler. So I looked at this Autosar page and I see that Flash & NVM drivers already exist as MCAL which is available for download.

1. I don't understand how to use and get started with using the GHS compiler. I also read on some support thread that there is no SDK. From the S32 design studio page I see that SDK is available. I'm confused about how to proceed ahead with my work.

2. At the end of the Autosar page I see licensing options for MCAL which is free of charge for MPC5777C. Is it free for commercial use?

Please suggest.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1. I don't understand how to use and get started with using the GHS compiler.

You can ask GHS for training, we do not provide such trainings.

I also read on some support thread that there is no SDK. From the S32 design studio page I see that SDK is available. I'm confused about how to proceed ahead with my work.

Why would you have 2 driver structoures, SDK and AUTOSAR. It is not wise to mix AUTOSAR drivers with other SW drivers.

S32DS - use gcc compiler which is not validated for AUTOSAR, therefore you wont be able to compile the NXP MCAL with gcc compiler.

Supported are only GHS and windriver compilers.

2. At the end of the Autosar page I see licensing options for MCAL which is free of charge for MPC5777C. Is it free for commercial use?

yes, it is free of charge.

best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1. I don't understand how to use and get started with using the GHS compiler.

You can ask GHS for training, we do not provide such trainings.

I also read on some support thread that there is no SDK. From the S32 design studio page I see that SDK is available. I'm confused about how to proceed ahead with my work.

Why would you have 2 driver structoures, SDK and AUTOSAR. It is not wise to mix AUTOSAR drivers with other SW drivers.

S32DS - use gcc compiler which is not validated for AUTOSAR, therefore you wont be able to compile the NXP MCAL with gcc compiler.

Supported are only GHS and windriver compilers.

yes, it is free of charge.

best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos