cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETPU2 BPPA function

Jump to solution
simon5
Contributor I

I'm trying to download the BPPA ETPU2 function using the ETPU function selector app but there is no content in the downloaded zip file. All the other functions I download are there (ppa, ic, oc etc) and there is etpu_bppa_auto.h in the _etpu_set folder. etpu_report.html lists etpuc_bppa.c as a file but it's not there!

How do I download the BPPA function? I need to measure pulse width and period at the same time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
johndiener
Contributor IV

ASH WARE provides an enhanced BPPA function in its eTPU Code Builder.  It is called "enhanced" because it supports 32-bit period and pulse measurement - this is for sure a minor enhancement and rarely of need, although perhaps more so these days with the higher clock rates available.

Since I haven't seen the NXP BPPA host API I can't guarantee this is exactly the same, but given the simplicity of the application, it is very likely the functionality/API is identical.

The ASH WARE eTPU Code Builder can be found at https://www.ashware.com/etpu-code-builder.

John Diener

View solution in original post

5 Replies
johndiener
Contributor IV

ASH WARE provides an enhanced BPPA function in its eTPU Code Builder.  It is called "enhanced" because it supports 32-bit period and pulse measurement - this is for sure a minor enhancement and rarely of need, although perhaps more so these days with the higher clock rates available.

Since I haven't seen the NXP BPPA host API I can't guarantee this is exactly the same, but given the simplicity of the application, it is very likely the functionality/API is identical.

The ASH WARE eTPU Code Builder can be found at https://www.ashware.com/etpu-code-builder.

John Diener
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Right now we've downloaded the BPPA and I see the issue. Function is there but the API is missing.

Responsible engineer will fix it.

I will feedback you ASAP.

best regards,

Peter

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I will check it with responsible engineer and let you know.

Best regards,

Peter

simon5
Contributor I

Thanks, do you have any update on this please? 

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

So far no news.

Looks like the function author need to take care of it as the API is not there.

I will try to check with him. However that team is very busy, so it could take some time.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos