Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader on MPC5777C

Jump to solution
berat24
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

When I looked at the reference manuel for serial bootloader, I saw that eSCI baud rate should be 48000 for 40 MHz clock frequency.

However, rappid bootloader tool does not have any baud rate setting for 48000. Is there a different tool for sending our application code apart from rappid bootloader tool?

There are two different photos below, one of them is from reference manuel and another is from rappid bootloader tool.

Sincerely.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No, we have only Rappid bootloader. This bootloader used BAM for MPC56xx devices but then it was changed to flash resident bootloader in case of MPC57xx devices because the features have changed.

So, we don't have such tool, it needs to be developed by user.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Rappid bootloader does not use Serial Boot mode on MPC5777C. In case of MPC57xx devices, Rappid bootloader is always flash resident bootloader, so it's necessary to load RBF file to the flash by JTAG. Then it's a matter of software configuration done by Rappid bootloader.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
berat24
Contributor III

Hi,

I mean that I would like to use BAM module. However, I do not have any tool to send my application code. Is there any NXP tool in order to load my application code with BAM module.

Sincerely.

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No, we have only Rappid bootloader. This bootloader used BAM for MPC56xx devices but then it was changed to flash resident bootloader in case of MPC57xx devices because the features have changed.

So, we don't have such tool, it needs to be developed by user.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos