Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAM

deniszallot
Contributor II

Good morning,

Point1)

I expect to use the BAM via the CAN BUS for both my projects based one on the MPC5646C and the other one on the MPC5645S.

Today, the schematics show an external oscillator on pin EXTAL and the pin XTAL is not connected.

After reading the manuals, I am worried that it will not be OK and that it is compulsory to use a crystal oscillator instead of an external oscillator to be able to use the BAM.

Point 2)

There is an external watchdog on my board. When the BAM will operate to download the bootloader code into the RAM, it will not be kicked. Maybe, it is usual practice to inhibit the external watchdog by gating its reset output with the FAB signal.

Could you confirm these 2 points?

Thank you

Best regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies

oloooloo
Contributor III

1. false, it is doest matter if You use cristal o oscilator

2. of course You have to block external watchdog if there is risk of resetting chip during BAM operations.

In my case of MPC5674 BAM is disabling SWT but internal core WD is still enabled so it is necessery to disable it in first lines of BAM loaded code.

0 Kudos

deniszallot
Contributor II

Thank you very much for your answer.

Best regards

Denis ZALLOT

Ingénieur d’études / Design Engineer

d.zallot@renk-france.fr

Tel : +33 1 34 48 37 55 – Fax : +33 1 34 48 37 03

RENK France – 67 rue d’Epluches – 95310 Saint-Ouen-l’Aumône - France

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete it from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this e-mail or its contents in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. RENK France S.A.S. shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. RENK France S.A.S. does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.

Cet email (ainsi que ses pièces jointes) est confidentiel. Si vous l’avez reçu par erreur, merci d’en notifier l’expéditeur par e-mail et de le détruire de votre système. Toute utilisation non-autorisée ou dissémination de tout ou partie du contenu de cet email est strictement interdit. Les emails sont susceptibles d’être altérés. RENK France S.A.S. ne peut être tenu responsable d’une transmission altérée ou incomplète de l’information contenue, ni pour le retard de sa réception. RENK France S.A.S. ne peut garantir ni l’intégrité, ni de l’absence de virus, interception ou interférence de cette communication.

De : oloooloo

Envoyé : jeudi 21 septembre 2017 11:34

À : ZALLOT, Denis

Objet : Re: - Re: BAM

NXP Community <https://community.freescale.com/resources/statics/1000/35400-NXP-Community-Email-banner-600x75.jpg>

Re: BAM

reply from oloo oloo<https://community.nxp.com/people/oloooloo?et=watches.email.thread> in MPC5xxx - View the full discussion<https://community.nxp.com/message/945444?commentID=945444&et=watches.email.thread#comment-945444>

0 Kudos