Provisioning Tool License

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning Tool License

EBob
Contributor I

Does anyone know if the license for the provisioning tool allows us to package blhost with our product configuration app to allow firmware updates?

Cheers,

Justin.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

EBob
Contributor I

Hi Petr,

Thanks for your help. Understand you can't give legal advice. I had a read of the license after the original post and noted the "Authorized System" requirement which I believe we fall under (it's a device running an NXP processor after all). bltest appears to have a BSD license. The idea of packaging bltest with our config app and calling it to do the firmware updates is a near-term solution for us, ultimately we'd like to incorporate the functionality into our app. Unfortunately the provisioning SDK appears to have been moved to Python, which isn't overly helpful for this purpose. It'd be nice if NXP offered a library we could link to with the necessary functionality. I'll look more into the license and SCR.

Cheers,

Justin.

0 Kudos

petrprokop-b446
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Justin,

Sorry for unclear answer. I know LA_OPT_NXP_SW_License (license of MCUX-SPT) pretty well, but I don’t know your conditions. Moreover:

• From your perspective: I’m not lawyer, and if I were, I’m not YOUR lawyer. You should better ask someone at your side.
  • From my perspective: We are strongly prohibited from giving advices of kind you’re asking.

I'd like highlight two parts I consider important to your attention from the license (but license still holds as a whole):

• There might be open source parts in the product. How are they licensed? Notice that essential part of the license is “software content register”, SCR.
  • Relation between “Authorized System” (see definition in license) and rights given by the license is important for us. Extent of given rights is driven by “SCR” again.

Hope this help

Regards,

Petr

0 Kudos