rt1050 RTC cannot start.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rt1050 RTC cannot start.

meitifire
Contributor I

Run evkbimxrt1050_snvs_hp_rtc demo application on our RT1050 board. the application entries to the dead loop here:

static inline void SNVS_HP_RTC_StartTimer(SNVS_Type *base)
{
base->HPCR |= SNVS_HPCR_RTC_EN_MASK;
while (0U == (base->HPCR & SNVS_HPCR_RTC_EN_MASK))
{
}
}

we cannot start the HP_RTC, we retry the evkbimxrt1050_snvs_lp_rtc demo application, the SNVS_LP_SRTC_StartTimer(SNVS) has the same deep loop on our RT1050 board.

the two RTC demo runs ok on the RT1050 EVB board. we compare the 32K clock between the RT1050 evb and our board, the 32k is ok.  

Our board has not backup battery, the VCC_SNVS_IN has special LDO, the LDO is always on when the power supply on.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

cervenka
Contributor III

Hello, we have same issue on imx7ulp. When jtag is attached or when linux is in suspended state (sudo systemctl suspend) and then wdog reset action happen.

0 Kudos

Jonny_T
Contributor II
yeh we are having the exact same issue on the imx7ulp evk as well, has a solution been found yet?
0 Kudos

Steve23
Contributor II

Hi,

Yes we also only see the problem when connected with JTAG. I've raised a new question here: RT1062 SNVS_HP_RTC_StartTimer() call does not retu... - NXP Community because I don't think NXP monitor old threads.

Steve23
Contributor II

Hi @meitifire 

Just wondering whether you ever found a resolution to this please?

I am working on a project where we've seen the same fault and can't find a reason for it.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, I guess the phenomenon is related to the hardware, so I was wondering if you can share the schematic of your custom board.
Looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos