Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flexspi_dma driver missing

Jump to solution
h_bouchard
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm brand new to MCUExpresso IDE. I'm trying to configure the SDK for a custom board project with a MIMXRT1062 microcontroller. I have added the flexspi driver to access an external QSPI flash device. However, I get a warning saying that the fsl_flexspi_dma driver is missing in the project (required for the DMA mode).

When I check in the SDK, there is no such driver. The only driver I found is the flexio_dpi_edma driver which goes along with flexio_spi driver I guest.

Which driver should I choose (flexio_spi or flexspi) and why ?

If flexspi driver should be chosen, how to get rid of this warning?

Thanks

Hugo

MCUXpresso IDE v11.2.0 [Build 4120] [2020-07-09]

SDK_2.x_MIMXRT1062xxxxA 2.8.2.201911251446

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, you can ignore this warning.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hugo,

There isn't fsl_flexspi_dma.c/.h. How do you get such warning? FlexIO is another kind of peripheral. Its driver can't be used on flexspi.

Here is some reference.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/518925 

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
h_bouchard
Contributor III

Hi Jing,

I have a test project that I can send to you but it's 50 MB...

The warning I have is not during compilation but in the problem view in the peripheral perspective.

I imported a flexspi example (evkmimxrt1060_flexspi_hyper_flash_polling_transfer) and saw that no flexspi peripheral driver is instantiated there, all the initialization is done in the user code. However there is a warning saying "Peripheral FLEXSPI is not initialized".

So I guess that warnings in the peripheral perspective can easily be ignore without problems.

Thanks
Hugo

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, you can ignore this warning.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos