Rewrite in MCUXpresso-SDK: "Using DMA to Emulate ADC Flexible Scan Mode" ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewrite in MCUXpresso-SDK: "Using DMA to Emulate ADC Flexible Scan Mode" ?

Jump to solution
jerrylian
Contributor IV

Can somebody rewrite the following code in MCUXpresso-SDK:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-104395 

The original code is written with KSDK-v1.0.0. Unfortunately, there is no way to download KSDK-v1.0.0 now.

I tried to rewrite it in MCUXpresso-SDK, but failed.

Thanks!

Jerry

0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Jerry,

It is okay for you to get the updated version of the "Using DMA to emulate the ADC Flexable scan mode" with the bare-metal code, as you know that the code of "Using DMA to emulate the ADC Flexable scan mode" is not a standard code developed by team, it is developed by volunteer, if he does not develop the code based on SDK, the code does not exist.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jerrylian
Contributor IV

Hi, XiangJun:

Eventually I figured it out based on another post:

Using DMA to Emulate ADC Flexible Scan Mode 

My original problem was: I cannot find an executable demo to study, either with SDK or in bare-metal version!

* As I said, the original code from original post is written with KSDK-v1.0.0.

* Unfortunately, there is no way to download KSDK-v1.0.0 NOW.

* I noticed that the original post has been updated recently, why don't they update it with new SDK, or just bare-metal code?

Otherwise, it is just useless as nobody can try it now.

Thanks for your follow-up.

Jerry

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Jerry,

It is okay for you to get the updated version of the "Using DMA to emulate the ADC Flexable scan mode" with the bare-metal code, as you know that the code of "Using DMA to emulate the ADC Flexable scan mode" is not a standard code developed by team, it is developed by volunteer, if he does not develop the code based on SDK, the code does not exist.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos
jerrylian
Contributor IV

OK, I was confused originally: as one author is stamped with "NXP", but the other author is not.

Thanks for explanation!

Jerry

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Jerry,

Could you tell us your requirement or scheme in detail? from the link you gave us, it seems that the original scheme uses LPTMR to trigger ADC16, ADC COCO event triggers DMA_CH1 to read the ADC sample data from ADC_RA to sample array, while a DMA channel link DMA_CH0 is triggered by DMA_CH1 in minor loop, the DMA_CH0 read  analog channel index memory and write to ADC16_SC1A. In the solution, one LPTMR triggering starts one ADC sample in sequence.

Do you want  one LPTMR triggering to start multiple ADC conversion with different channels or just one channel? what is the issue you are facing? what is the part number you are using? do you have to develop code based on SDK?

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos