Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development roadmap

Jump to solution
superaga
Contributor III

Hi NXP,

I'm started to develop on the LPC112x and I realized that the MCUXpresso SDK  is not available for this chip.

Browsing in the supported devices I saw that there is quite fragmentation across all the families.

Once you are familiar to use that SDK/libraries for your device it is quite frustrating to move to the other SDK/libraries when you change the device (even within the same family! - i.e. LPC).

Is there the idea to converge to the same SDK (at least for the same family) in the future?

I think that would be beneficial to have just one SDK for "all" the devices. It would be more solid and the community could contribute to add/fix functionalities.

I know that the current situation across many (maybe all) silicon manufacturer is quite the same (due also to acquisitions) and I'm sure is something that would require a not negligible effort, but would really add a valuable value to your brand and a great support all the users.

Am I wrong on this topic or someone else share the same thought?

Is there a reason why some chips are not supported by the same family SDK? Apparently they share the same peripheral (as hardware implementation).

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

LPC1125 was launched 7 years ago.

But the situation is the same for all LPC1xxx family, which is supported by LPCOpen only, MCUXPresso SDK doesn't support it.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
superaga
Contributor III

Hi @ZhangJennie ,

My mistake, I was meaning the LPC1125., Sorry.

Can you reply again regarding these cases?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

LPC1125 was launched 7 years ago.

But the situation is the same for all LPC1xxx family, which is supported by LPCOpen only, MCUXPresso SDK doesn't support it.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
superaga
Contributor III

Hi @ZhangJennie 

I understood, many thanks for the clarification.

I assume then that all the new devices will be supported by the MCUXpresso SDK.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI 

LPC1112 was launched 10 years ago.

It is supported by LPCOpen but not MCUXpresso SDK:

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/lpcopen-libraries-and-examples/lpcop...

There is no plan to have MCUXpresso SDK supporting it in near future.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos