I've finally migrated one of my major projects (formerly on CW11) to MCUX and it's *mostly* gone OK - I'm not impressed with the stability and I've had some null pointer exceptions while doing things like copying a project - but I'm not finding where some weird path entries are coming from.
I get 'include path not found' messages for three bogus paths:
(project name)\#undef __ARM_NEON__
(project name)\#undef __ARM_NEON_FP
(project name)\#undef __ARM_NEON
The ARM_NEON text appears nowhere in any project file, so my guess is that it's a variable that's corrupted and those things are being substituted in.
Any idea where I might find this? I'm still having trouble with a corrupted includes screen (see my last post) and I'm curious if it might be related.
I found a fix - the pathentries can be found in (workspace)\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.core\(project).language.settings.xml.
I think this is coming from the GNU MCU Eclipse plug-in, but I'm not certain. It'll presumably come back with each new project but for now I'm satisfied.
How exactly are you undertaking your porting and copying of projects? Those defines are certainly not ones I can see MCUXpresso IDE itself creating.
MCUXpresso IDE Support
The projects were recreated from scratch. In one case I did copy over the ProcessorExpert.pe file. For the other project, I recreated all of the components (mostly just I/O initialization) in the new project. Both projects have the same pathentry problem.
I did previously import a KDS project into the same workspace, following Erich's instructions at mcuoneclipse. Even before that, MCUX seemed a little twitchy. I'll share again the mangled paths and symbols page I get:
That is not the standard MCUXpresso IDE Paths and Symbols page. As it sounds like you have installed other non-MCUXpresso plugins I would suspect that these display issues are coming from those plugins.
MCUXpresso IDE Support
Update - in one instance I was able to get the ARM NEON warnings to go away just by changing the include path order for the project. I think it stayed fixed after changing it back, so maybe it was a corrupted entry that got rewritten.
As for the messed up display, I uninstalled and reinstalled MCUXpresso and the problem seemed to follow the workspace. I created a new workspace (after reinstalling again) and I haven't seen that particular problem pop up again, yet.