Weird pathentries

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird pathentries

scottm
Senior Contributor II

I've finally migrated one of my major projects (formerly on CW11) to MCUX and it's *mostly* gone OK - I'm not impressed with the stability and I've had some null pointer exceptions while doing things like copying a project - but I'm not finding where some weird path entries are coming from.

I get 'include path not found' messages for three bogus paths:

(project name)\#undef __ARM_NEON__

(project name)\#undef __ARM_NEON_FP

(project name)\#undef __ARM_NEON

The ARM_NEON text appears nowhere in any project file, so my guess is that it's a variable that's corrupted and those things are being substituted in.  

Any idea where I might find this?  I'm still having trouble with a corrupted includes screen (see my last post) and I'm curious if it might be related.

Scott

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

scottm
Senior Contributor II

I found a fix - the pathentries can be found in (workspace)\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.core\(project).language.settings.xml.

I think this is coming from the GNU MCU Eclipse plug-in, but I'm not certain.  It'll presumably come back with each new project but for now I'm satisfied.

Scott

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

How exactly are you undertaking your porting and copying of projects? Those defines are certainly not ones I can see MCUXpresso IDE itself creating.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

The projects were recreated from scratch.  In one case I did copy over the ProcessorExpert.pe file.  For the other project, I recreated all of the components (mostly just I/O initialization) in the new project.  Both projects have the same pathentry problem.

I did previously import a KDS project into the same workspace, following Erich's instructions at mcuoneclipse.  Even before that, MCUX seemed a little twitchy.  I'll share again the mangled paths and symbols page I get:

Screenshot 2017-11-04 17.29.24.png

Scott

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That is not the standard MCUXpresso IDE Paths and Symbols page. As it sounds like you have installed other non-MCUXpresso plugins I would suspect that these display issues are coming from those plugins.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Update - in one instance I was able to get the ARM NEON warnings to go away just by changing the include path order for the project.  I think it stayed fixed after changing it back, so maybe it was a corrupted entry that got rewritten.

As for the messed up display, I uninstalled and reinstalled MCUXpresso and the problem seemed to follow the workspace.  I created a new workspace (after reinstalling again) and I haven't seen that particular problem pop up again, yet.

0 Kudos