Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register svd file not parsed/displayed correctly

fatalerror
Contributor II

Hi,

Mcuxpresso 11.5.0, RT685, problems with register view:

1. Offline view should always show possible values.
Example: when hovering over the reset value of clkctl1->flexcomm[0]_fcfclksel possible values are shown. When hovering over inputmux->sct0_in_sel0 reset value no 'possible values' are shown but they are defined in the svd file.

2. Possible values in 'online' register view sometimes have the wrong prefix.
Example: inputmux->ct32bit_cap_sel[0]_ct32bit_cap_sel0 possible values have 0x prefix but are the decimal values.

3. The svd file contains  'cluster' definitions with an address offset tag. This tag is ignored and the registers are shown with the wrong offset which obviously causes problems. The svd file itself is correct, the offset is properly parsed when loading it in Segger Ozone.

One example (there are more...), the flexcomm0 frgclksel register is shown with the wrong offset (0x40021000 instead of 0x40021500) :
<cluster>
<dim>8</dim>
<dimIncrement>0x20</dimIncrement>
<name>FLEXCOMM[%s]</name>
<description>flexcomm clock controller</description>
<addressOffset>0x500</addressOffset>
<register>
<name>FRGCLKSEL</name>
<description>FRG clock selection register N</description>
<addressOffset>0</addressOffset>
<size>32</size>
<access>read-write</access>
<resetValue>0x7</resetValue>
<resetMask>0x7</resetMask>

Unrelated question: is swo trace with cmsis-dap debug probe supported for rt685? The hello_world_swo demo only talks about jlink and using the Segger swo viewer, that works, but no chance in mcuxpresso. Error: failed to initialize swo trace. reason: could not open communication streams.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello fatalerror,

This bug will be fixed in next version MCUXpresso IDE v11.5.1. 

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

fatalerror
Contributor II

Hi & thanks for fixing issue number 3 in 11.5.1. The first two issues still exist. They are not urgent, but I thought I'll add a screen shot so you know what I mean by 'possible values'. Either the 0x needs to be removed or the hex value should be printed.

nxp-periph-view.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello fatalerror

For fast reproduce the issue, could you please send me a video or screenshots to show it,

then i will check on my side.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

fatalerror
Contributor II

Capture.JPG

Note the wrong register address. Does not change when I load the svd file from https://github.com/NXPmicro/mcux-soc-svd

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello fatalerror,

Thanks for your sharing, yes, I will report this issue to IDE team.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos