cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection to debug probe

kofikofi
Contributor I

Hi... 

I will be very pleased if anyone could help me resolve this issue.... what is the cause of this error message ? The board is fully functional as I have tested it on a different machine. I will like to understand the cause of this error message and what's the fix !   I have attached a screenshot as well .

MCUXpresso RedlinkMulti Driver v10.0 (Mar 21 2017 01:34:42 - crt_emu_cm_redlink build 190)
Reconnected to existing redlink server (PID 4294967295)
Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (server PID unknown) gave 'Ee(36). Could not connect to core.'
Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (server PID unknown) gave 'Ee(36). Could not connect to core.'
Server OK but no connection to probe 1 core 0 (after 3 attempts) - Ee(36). Could not connect to core.
Failed on connect: Ee(36). Could not connect to core.
No connection to debug probe

Thanks....

Kofi 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If your board works from one PC but not another, then things to try might include...

• Try a different USB cable
  • Try a different USB port. If your host has USB3 and USB2, then try a USB2 port
    • There are know issues with some motherboard USB3 firmware, ensure your host is using the latest driver from the manufacturer (particularly if your PC was purchased a while ago)
      • Note: this is not referencing the host OS driver but the motherboard firmware of the USB port
  • If using a USB hub, try a direct connection to the host computer
  • If using a USB hub, try using one with a separate power supply - rather than relying on the supply over USB from your PC.
  • Try completely removing and re-installing the host device drivers
  • Depending on Windows version, sometimes the Windows USB power settings can cause problems. For more details use your favourite search engine to search for "windows 8 usb power settings" or similar. For example:

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MCUXpresso IDE contains a link to the OpenSDA Firmware page on nxp.com via the menu:

• Help -> Additional Resources -> OpenSDA Firmware updates

AdditionalResources.png

These are the firmware variants we tend to use in developing the IDE (and using the DAPLink versions of CMSIS-DAP where available), though we generally only update boards when we initially receive the boards - or need to swap between CMSIS-DAP <> P&E <> SEGGER firmware variants

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

kofikofi
Contributor I

Good morning... 

Thanks for the response 

Am using the FRDM K64F with the firmware 0243_k20dx_frdmk64f_0x5000 

I have installed all the necessary drivers...where is the problem ? or what do I have to do?

Device Manager_2017-06-09_08-44-44.pngFail debug probe connection.png

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kofi,

There are several debug firmware for FRDM K64F, I would suggest you try others. Please refer this document.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-105199 

Besides, I would suggest you create a new workspace and new project for testing the connection, to avoid old association.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kofikofi
Contributor I

Zhang

Thanks very much for the link, I have tried my board on a different machine and it works. The problem must be machine/pc related.

Is there is firewall issue or some security settings I will have to disable in order to get my board working ?

Thanks....

Kofi

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Some details please. Which part and board (off the shelf or custom) do you use? If an off the shelf board, are you connecting debug with the distributed CMSIS-DAP firmware, or do you use an external probe like the LPC-Link2?

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos