how to import projects from project generator in MCUXpresso

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to import projects from project generator in MCUXpresso

Catosh
Contributor IV

I know this may be a noob basic question, but it's not clear how to proceed. Or at least, I don't know where to locate the resources to understand the process. 
Let's suppose I have create a project in the project generator in C:\NXP\temps\Test1.
how do I proceed import into the MCUXpresso ide? 
"Importing from XML description" imports only the includes; 

"Open project from FileSystem or Archive" opens the project without .cproject or toolchain configuration..

Any hint would be VERY appreciated. 

Best regards, 

Luca 

EDIT:
in file:///C:/NXP/MCUX_CFG_v3/bin/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/18/0/.cp/resources/support/help/en/ind... I found how to do it.
Now my trouble is: what if I don't want to select an SDK board but only the MCU?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm afraid that I can't comment on the Configuration Tools project generator personally.  But you might want to consider using the new project wizard built into the IDE itself. This allows you to select by board or by MCU. For more details, please read the IDE's User Guide.

You might also find some of the videos attached to this forum useful : MCUXpresso IDE 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

Catosh
Contributor IV

Hello LPCX Support, I tried your suggestion and works fine.
So a suggested workflow could be configure the clock, pin muxing and multicores with the Config tool and export the generated files into the project from the wizard?

It wasn't clear for me, now I am starting to like this approach for the early stage of my project!

Thanks and B.R.

Luca.

0 Kudos