cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to choose alternative cross gcc

Jump to solution
bastian_schick
Contributor IV

My problem: I cannot use the supplied arm-none-eabi-gcc. But I cannot see if and where I can point a project to my own GCC.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
bastian_schick
Contributor IV

Ok, possible (not best) solution: Change PATH in the project to point first to my gcc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bastian_schick
Contributor IV

Ok, possible (not best) solution: Change PATH in the project to point first to my gcc.

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

or: swap the toolchain in C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.2.0_4120\ide\tools\arm-none-eabi

?

0 Kudos
bastian_schick
Contributor IV

This is the worst idea. The same GCC is used also by Makefiles and IDEs other then Xpresso.

In TI's CCS it is easy to add another compiler (also Eclipse based).

So I consider it a "Bug" in Xpresso. ;-)

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

No, this toolchain is used by MCUXpresso IDE (and only by that version), as it is inside the IDE installation folder. So you can replace that one. But of course it will be that toolchain for all your projects you are using with that installation folder. If you still want to use another one (or the original one), you can install yet another instance of the IDE.

If you want to set the toolchain for each project: you can use the GNU MCU (now part of Eclipse CDT) plugins: GNU MCU → Eclipse Embedded CDT! 

0 Kudos
bastian_schick
Contributor IV

So, this renders MCUXpresso useless if the tool chain cannot be replaced. At least "any" GCC one should be possible.
Well, I can use the workaround. Still, I consider it a bug of MCUXpresso to be bound to "one" tool chain.

0 Kudos