Does MCUXpresso IDE (v11.9) support Keil ULInk2 debugger?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does MCUXpresso IDE (v11.9) support Keil ULInk2 debugger?

mobilepgk
Contributor I

Hi, we have MCUXpresso IDE (V11.9) and I would like to know if IDE supports "Keil ULink2" debugger? We are facing problems in connecting MCUXpresso IDE to Keil ULink2

We went to this request https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-IDE/ULink2-debugger/td-p/1480669,
where tech support said "I reviewed the Ulink, that's a debugger from Keil, we do not have support for that instrument",
while requester says "I've got it working for now on a machine which does not have Keil uVision installed.".
This confuses us a bit. Can we get clear answer please?

• In device manager, it just shows I2C HID device. Should it show "KEIL" or "ULINK2"names somewhere
  • We tried installing MCUXpresso IDE on laptop which does not have Keil uVision installed. It didn't worked.
  • We tried changing jumper for 3.3V, but it didin't worked.
  • We are trying to connect NXP CLEV6630BN board (CLRC663 Plus Dev board)

Any help in this regard will be very much appreciated. Thank you.
(tagging : @Pavel_Hernandez   @taz9557 )

0 Kudos
2 Replies

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mobilepgk 

Pavel is right  LinkServer (which provides the debug server functionality) should work with CMSIS-DAP probes from other vendors, but we cannot guarantee it. From your notes it looks like you have a problem with the ULINK installation. Maybe take a look at Arm's reference guide to check: 

ULINK2 User's Guide (arm.com)

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting your case, sorry for that confusion, I do not have the manner to test it but the MCUXpresso User Guide mentioned while the ULink has the CMSIS firmware the debugger will be compatible with the MCUXpresso, but the document does not mention the ULink2.

MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos