cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom CMSIS-DAP probe

Jump to solution
Jelli
Contributor II

I'm using a DIY CMSIS-DAP probe which I've added to probetable.csv without any problem until now.

With MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.0_6224 it won't be visible anymore. Obviously there was a change in the probetable.csv format. It has been extended by one parameter.

What is the additional parameter for and is there any documentation for the new probetable.csv format available?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

"The new parameter allows probe filtering based on the USB Device Release Number which is part of the USB device descriptor.

It is mainly used to exclude the non-debug interfaces of MCU-Link probe configurations with no SWD capabilities from being reported as a debug probe."

I hope this helps,

Edwin.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jelli
Contributor II

Hello Edwin,
there seems to be another change within the probetable.csv. I had to add one more field. Could you tell what this is for?

Many thanks,
Mirko

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It's the highlighted column from the screenshot below. It's used by MCU-Link debug probes and tells whether it supports target boot control via ISP CTRL pins.

lpcxpresso_supp_0-1675863780098.png

Regards,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jelli,

Unfortunately we are not able to provide support for bringing up custom debug probes due to the documentation and support effort that would be involved in doing this properly. If you are looking to incorporate a debug probe into your own product you may copy the MCU-Link design and use this on your own boards, reusing our standard firmware. See https://www.nxp.com/demoboard/mcu-link for the design files.

Regards,

Brendon

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Jelli!

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm replying to let you know that I've asked internal about this topic and will get back to you as soon as I receive a response.

Best regards,

Edwin.

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

"The new parameter allows probe filtering based on the USB Device Release Number which is part of the USB device descriptor.

It is mainly used to exclude the non-debug interfaces of MCU-Link probe configurations with no SWD capabilities from being reported as a debug probe."

I hope this helps,

Edwin.