cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open the MCUX Config Tools from MCUXpresso IDE

Jump to solution
Lena
Contributor II

I can't seem to open the "MCUXpresso Config Tools" from the project Properties of an MCUXpresso IDE project. Even on the supplied examples, I get the notice "The MCUX Configuration is not opened yet or is opened for different project.". This is with a rather fresh install of the MCUXpresso IDE and freshly added example projects.

Anything I could do to fix this ...?

Best regards!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lena,

right, this is not SDK based project hence Config Tools are not supported there.

Regards,

Libor

View solution in original post

5 Replies
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Lena,

the Config Tools configuration is not created automatically when the SDK project is created, as not everyone uses the Config Tools and it takes some moments to create the configuration (also download data). If you have not created the Config Tools configuration, that's why in the Project properties it is empty.

Config Tools configuration can be created e.g. by clicking on this icon. This will create a configruation and opens a new Perspective with Config Tools views.

liborukropec_0-1615914731203.png

Or using the "Quickstart panel":

liborukropec_1-1615914778588.png

Regards,

Libor

Lena
Contributor II

Hi Libor,

thanks for your quick reply!

Now, when I tried the options to open the Configuration tools, either via the [x] button in the project explorer, or via the quickstart panel, I get the attached error message. I tried this on a freshly created project, btw, maybe something went wrong there?

Best regards,

Lena

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lena,

as described, project must be SDK based (Config Tools do not support very old LPC projects which are not based on the MCUXpresso SDK)

1. Have you used SDK? Which one ?
  2. what example you have created ?

basically I need as much information as possible to reproduce the issue on my side.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos
Lena
Contributor II

Hi Libor,

I've created a project for my LPC1769-CD board. From the way it is presented in the SDK wizard, I assume that this is not an SDK-based project, right?

Best regards!

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lena,

right, this is not SDK based project hence Config Tools are not supported there.

Regards,

Libor