Adding SDK - issue - 2.2.x vs. 2.4.x?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding SDK - issue - 2.2.x vs. 2.4.x?

chrisphelan
Contributor I

Greetings. I have an existing functioning project using a SDK built for the MKV10Z64xxx7 using SDK version 2.2 and mcuxpresso. I'd like to extend my project to the MKV10Z128xxx7. I've built the SDK using version 2.4 (I don't believe I can use version 2.2 anymore, correct?), downloaded, and attempted to add to my project but I get the following error - "MCUXpresso IDE was unable to load one or more SDK(s). This may be because the SDK(s) was not created for the MCUXpressoIDE Toolchain." I've generated the package twice online, both result in the same error. Is this a conflict with the existing version 2.2 packages? Or something else?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry but the statement made above that "the latest MCUXpresso IDE v10.2 doesn't support SDKv2.2" is completely wrong !

MCUXpresso IDE v10.2 can happily be used with SDK v2.2, v2.3 or v2.4. However some IDE functionality (such as the ability to Add/Remove Components from a project) is only possible with recent versions of the SDK. Such restrictions on some ares of functionality are mentioned inside the IDE v10.2 User Guide.

One other thing you should note is that SDK v2.4 should only be used with MCUXpresso IDE v10.2. Changes in the data contained in SDK v10.2, mean that you are very likely to encounter issues if you try to use SDK v2.4 packages with earlier versions of the IDE.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos