chip initialization failed - Ef(55): Dynamic flash driver startup failed to provide flash parameters

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chip initialization failed - Ef(55): Dynamic flash driver startup failed to provide flash parameters

dasosa
Contributor I

I have moved the 0ohm jumpers to utilize the NOR Flash on my IMXRT1050EVKB and thought I have installed the proper firmware but when I try to write the hello-world program I get the following error. 

Driver V.2 dynamic startup failed - driver Init provided no flash parameters
Flash Driver V.2 startup failed - rc Ef(55): Dynamic flash driver startup failed to provide flash parameters.
Terminate (0x0, 0x0, 0x0) status 0x40 - driver reports init failure - EXTSPI driver rc -1 (0xFFFFFFFF)
chip initialization failed - Ef(55): Dynamic flash driver startup failed to provide flash parameters.
failed to initialize flash driver MIMXRT1050-EVK_S26KS512S.cfx

Can anyone advise where I can find the proper driver to fix?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

dasosa
Contributor I

Hi jeremyzhou,
I believe I have followed the instructions to AN12108 correctly but I am very new to programming and the instructions seem confusing such as: do I do anything for boot header? I never get a bin file either using IAR or MCUXpresso. Is there a simplified list I can follow on the website?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dion Sosa,

Thanks for your reply.
Q1) Do I do anything for boot header?
-- Yes, using instructions to create a corresponding boot image based on the bin file.
Q2) Is there a simplified list I can follow on the website?
-- Actually, the AN12108 is very simplified.
Q3) I never get a bin file either using IAR or MCUXpresso.
-- In the IDE's guide, it describes the steps to generate the bin file and please follow them.
Regarding your issue, if you assue that your hardware setting is 100% correct.
I find you use the MCUXpresso IDE, please check the appropriate flash driver (MIMXRT1050-EVK_IS25WP064A.cfx) is selected as the Fig 1 illustrates.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dion Sosa,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I suspect the issue is related to the hardware setting, please refer to the AN120108 to enable
i. MX RT1050 boot from QSPI flash.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos