Totally broken Motor Control Application Tuning (MCAT) tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally broken Motor Control Application Tuning (MCAT) tool

robert_fu
Contributor I

The MCAT part generated by wizard shown in the following screenshot is totally broken. The generated project files are attached. It seems no one has ever tested/used it.

SDK_Example_Import.png

Here are problems:

1) Totally disorganized files

The HTML files used by FreeMaster are in directory: mc_bldc_Test\doc\motor_control\freemaster\bldc\mcat\src, while the needed JavaScript files are in another directory: mc_bldc_Test\motor_control\freemaster\bldc\mcat\src\JS_functions. Therefore the following line in  MainPage.html won't work:

<script type="text/javascript" src="JS_functions\mainInclude.js"></script>

2) After manually put HTML and JS files in right place, no menu tab was visible

3) After further investigation, I found a bigger problem, the HTML/JS files for FreeMaster are outdated, and won't work at all in the latest version of Windows 10, where Microsoft browsers are now chrome based. For example, "parent.document.getElementById(...)" is widely used in JS to access HTML elements in parent window, however, now in new chrome based Microsoft browser, parent.document is not accessible anymore, so the MCAT app won't work at all.

May someone in NXP please fix the MCAT app?

Here are some info of my testing environment:

Windows 10 version: version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959)

MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.1 (Build 3241) (2020-03-02)

FreeMaster Version 3.0.3.6

Regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
1 Reply

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bob,

In order to run MCAT tool please make sure you have unzipped the SDK package. Once you have done that you have to open one the following Freemaster project depending on your application.

Path: SDK_2.8.0_FRDM-KV31F\middleware\motor_control\freemaster

pastedImage_3.png

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored.

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos