Support - logging a request

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support - logging a request

Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

I am a bit lost on the support mechanism for the Kinetis SDK am asking for some guidance please. We have a serious problem with the SDK for the TWR-MK60DN and the web generated Xpresso build. The code will not run; it has a hard fault. We can get the same hello world to run using the Freertos site but lack the needed SDK drivers. Therefore I posted on the forum and got one inquiry and no further responses after I supplied the requested information.

With Motorola-->Freescale there used to be a formal service request that could be logged and tracked. I see a support entry at NXP but it only relates to "Web" and I can't see how to specify our problem.

I have not used the SR system since the NXP acquisition and seemed to have missed the required information somewhere along the line. My question is, how do I get a critical issue resolved now? What is the mechanism that I need to do to track a legitimate failure with NXP. We are not getting any assistance through the forums. Is there a formal way to pursue these type of legitimate requests? This is not a coding error nor is it a basic lack of understanding; the code generator NXP is using does not produce a working system.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Robert,

You can use NXP Support Tickets (Hardware & Software), see the web page http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME

In the case you need a direct professional support you can buy a premium Professional Support for Microcontrollers, see the page

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-support-and-services/professional-support-an...

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

Hi

I just added a request. The system has changed a great deal since I used it

when it was Freescale and I think I got lost in the newer process. It is a

very good and comprehensive system now, thank you for responding.

Regards

Robert

Best Regards

Robert Lewis, P. Eng.

robert.lewis@iMnMicroControl.com

www.iMnMicroControl.com

604.356.0793 cell

604.947.9879 office

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 11:27 PM, marek_neuzil <admin@community.nxp.com>

0 Kudos