cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling cryptography in hardware

panasalap
Contributor I

Hi Estephania,

Iam referring low power end device example of thread project.

In that example, for cryptography implementation, observed LTC_Init driver function is called, in which clock is enabled.

Queries:

Is this LTC_Init function call is responsible for enabling all cryptography in hardware?

Or Any other parameters needs to be set for using cryptography in hardware?

Kindly provide your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Praneeth

0 Kudos
5 Replies

panasalap
Contributor I

Hi Jing,

Thanks for the reply.

Iam working on KW41z device.

Thanks

Praneeth

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Well, it seems KW41's LTC is a subset of K82's LTC. It only has AES function.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

panasalap
Contributor I

Hi Jing,

We are working on openthread library which has a support for KW41Z .Our example application which is flashed in KW41Z is using coap secure(COAPS) protocol for sending packets.

But, COAPS communication is not established. The reason might be the hardware acceleration is disabled in KW41Z.

So, we referred some of the thread protocol examples of KW41Z to enable hardware acceleration and observed SecLib_Init function is calling LTC_Init() which is a driver function used for enabling the clock.

In the similar manner, we used the SecLib_Init() function to enable LTC clock in the openthread stack. But, still the COAPS communication is not working.

Could you please provide your valuable inputs to resolve this issue?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Praneeth

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

did you try the LTC demo in KW41 SDK? You can find it in SDK_2.2.0_FRDM-KW41Z.zip\boards\frdmkw41z\driver_examples\ltc

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

what device do you use, Kinetis K82? LTC_init enable the LTC clock. The detail function need to be set in other LTC register. No other register outside LTC need to be set.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos