Compilation error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation error

elinaiman
Contributor I

I am using MCUXpresso 11.1.1 and SDK 2.7.0. From the Quick-start panel I imported example "host_hid_generic_freertos". It compiled perfectly. I then went to Manage SDK components for that project and in the drivers section I selected "uart_freertos". (I want to add a UART to this project). When I rebuild I get the error malloc.h: no such file.

ps. I communicated with Erich Styger of MCUonEclipse and he told me that when he imports that same example, "uart_freertos" is already selected. I uninstalled and reinstalled both MCUXpresso and the SDK but I still get the same error.

If I don't select that driver, and add code for the uart, I get an error "fsl_uart_freertos.h" does not exist.

How can I add a uart to the SDK example "host_hid_generic_freertos".

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

I can reproduce your issue with SDK 2.7 with the same problem if I import a FreeRTOS based demo

This feature maybe work in a previous sdk version.

SDK 2.8 will be released soon, if this issue still exists, I will submit an internal ticket to the software team.

Thanks myke for your workaround.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

thomas_gunnarsr
Contributor II

In SDK 2.8 it seems no FreeRTOS examples with USB will build, they all fail with missing "fsl_os_abstraction_free_rtos.h". Suggestion..?

C:\Work\McuXpressoWork\frdmk22f_dev_hid_mouse_freertos\component\osa/fsl_os_abstraction.h:339:10: fatal error: fsl_os_abstraction_free_rtos.h: No such file or directory
0 Kudos

nxf57422
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Make sure that under "project properties", and then on the C/C++ tab, the paths to includes and libraries are correct. 

Marco

Best,
Marco Cesarano
0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tomas:

I can build this demo successfully. Please make sure your IDE  version is 11.2.0

pastedImage_1.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hi elinaiman‌,

I see this problem quite often when I'm add components using the "Manage SDK Components" and I add a driver.  I'm not sure why Erich is getting different results from you - is he using the same part number?  

Usually doing this results in the project no longer compiling (even when you restore it to the original configuration).  

What I do when I experience this case is that I create a new project with the desired drivers and then copy the source from the original project.  Since you're working with SDK 2.7.0 it's generally pretty easy as there are no new folders and files you have to manage, if you're using a lower number SDK it's generally a lot more work.  

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

myke