Breakpoint installation failed: Unmatched Quote

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakpoint installation failed: Unmatched Quote

Jump to solution
306 Views
Contributor II

Hello,

I meet a problem when I add break points in my code. All the break points don't work and show error as the screenshot.  All types of the break points have the same issue.

Does anyone have the same issue and know how to fix it?

I have tried reinstalling the MCUXpresso, changing the work space, updating the software, creating a new project. But the issue is still here.

My MCUXpresso is MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.1 [Build 3241] [2020-03-02].

  

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Jingtian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
17 Views
Senior Contributor III

I'm wondering if there is something 'strange' about the full path to the source file? is it a long path? Does the path contain any odd characters?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
17 Views
Contributor I

I think it is not the file path problem because I can use Step into/over/return to debug the project myprepaidcenter.com, also the variable and expression monitors are good. Only the break point function has issue. 

0 Kudos
17 Views
Senior Contributor III

you haven’t said what your problem is, or what error you are getting.


However, breakpoints require a file name and path. None of the others you mention need a file name or path. So if you are getting the same error, you need to check your path.

0 Kudos
17 Views
Senior Contributor II

Jingtian,

This is probably a stupid question, but did you try "Remve all breakpoints" and then put them back in where you wanted them?  I'm asking becasuse I don't see it in the list of items you've said you've done and this seems to be describing what I see when I'm workign wtih Eclipse based IDEs.  

I've found in Eclipse (all versions that I work with including Java development and Windows C/C++ as well as CW and MCUXpresso on Windows7/10 & LInux systems) that break points may or may not move correctly when you add or delete lines and code and, along with this, Eclipse can be difficult when trying to add other break points.  The only way you can be sure that they're correct and can be added/removed is to remove them all and then insert them back in where you want them.  

Chances are you have done a "Remove all breakpoints" removed them all and put them back in, but I thought putting in the comment might be helpful.

myke

0 Kudos
17 Views
Contributor II

Hi Myke,

Thank you for your reply. It's not a stupid question, worth to try. I have tried removed all break points and also skip all break points, but there is no difference.

They are not in the list because I have uninstalled and re-installed the IDE and even the workspace, it still doesn't help then I posted it here for help. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
18 Views
Senior Contributor III

I'm wondering if there is something 'strange' about the full path to the source file? is it a long path? Does the path contain any odd characters?

View solution in original post

17 Views
Contributor II

Your answer is the correct solution. I noticed that there is a ' in the file path, so I created a new workspace in the root folder, the break points start to work now.

It's wired because I have worked the issue workspace for more than half year without any trouble. But anyway, I can start to now.

I appreciate for all the answers above. Thank you.

17 Views
Senior Contributor III

Are you trying to debug the release build? 

0 Kudos
17 Views
Contributor II

No. I am not.

But your reply provided a good idea, so I tried to active the release build configuration then debug it, the break point still didn't work.

Thanks,  

0 Kudos
17 Views
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

There are 2 major scenarios in which the breakpoint might not be set:

1. The project was built without debug information (but I see above you also tried debug configuration - so this seems is not the case)

2. The project was build but the source location in binary file does not correspond with the current source you are trying to set the breakpoint (for instance the project was built on another machine or from another source location). For this, try a clean + rebuild the project.

If this doesn't work, please try to go into debug with "debug configuration", double click on the stack on "main" function in order to open the main.c file:

- check this file has the same filepath as the source you initially tried to place the breakpoint

- check if you can set the breakpoint in this file that was open.

 

Greetings,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
17 Views
Contributor II

Hello,

Thanks for your replying. Here is the result I tried.

2. Clean + Rebuild. It doesn't help.

"Debug configuration" then double click on "main function". It doesn't help. And the double clicking can open the correct main file.

I think it is not the file path problem because I can use Step into/over/return to debug the project, also the variable and expression monitors are good. Only the break point function has issue. 

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks

0 Kudos