cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't add watchdog to KE02Z32VLC4 project

Jump to solution
dporada
Contributor III

I'm trying to add the watchdog to my project and configure it with MCUXpresso IDE peripherals.  The watchdog does not show up in the Peripherals window.

Clicking the Open SDK components manager shows the checkbox selected in the Drivers.  Clicking the refresh SDK components doesn't seem to change anything.

How do you configure it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Don,

The WDOG component cannot be added for MKE02Z32VLC4 MCU in the MCUXpresso Config Tools (Peripherals tool) but you can use the SDK drivers that supports the MCU in the MCUXpresso IDE. There are also SDK driver examples that demonstrate initialization and runtime API functionality of the drivers.

The MKE02Z332VLC4 MCU is also supported in CodeWarrior for MCU, version: 11.1, in Processor Expert tool. This tool fully support the MCU but the drivers are generated. It also means that the generated code is not compatible with the SDK 2.x version (for example the SDK 2.11 for MKE02Z32).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dporada
Contributor III

Marek,

So I was using the tools correctly?  Is there tools that support this chip better?

Don

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Don,

The WDOG component cannot be added for MKE02Z32VLC4 MCU in the MCUXpresso Config Tools (Peripherals tool) but you can use the SDK drivers that supports the MCU in the MCUXpresso IDE. There are also SDK driver examples that demonstrate initialization and runtime API functionality of the drivers.

The MKE02Z332VLC4 MCU is also supported in CodeWarrior for MCU, version: 11.1, in Processor Expert tool. This tool fully support the MCU but the drivers are generated. It also means that the generated code is not compatible with the SDK 2.x version (for example the SDK 2.11 for MKE02Z32).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have checked the availability of the wdog component on the MKE02Z32VLC4 MCU but this variant of the wdog driver (platform.drivers.wdog8 SDK component) is not supported in the Peripherals tool yet.

I will create a request to support this component in the next release of MCUXpresso Config Tools.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos