cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsync between MCUXpresso IDE and Config Tools

ericchan
Contributor I

Dear NXP,

I am developing LPC54114 MCU with MCUXpresso IDE and MCUXpresso Config Tools.

I import a demo code (usart_interrupt)  from SDK_2.x_LPCXpresso54115 (SDK version 2.8.0) and

run on the LPCXpresso5411x Dev Board (OM13089UL). The code able to run on board but when I click

Open MCUXpresso Configuration to enter config tool and try to modify some UART parameter like Baud rate .

I found some info is unsync with the code in MCUXpresso. In Peripherals section in Config Tools shown the FLEXCOMM0 is not enabled. In Pins define section the FLEXCOMM0 is enabled and IO Pins is well defined.

Please advise how I can make everything in sync when I import demo code from SDK. 

Following is version of development tools and captured screen of the above problem is attached.

Please advise.

MCUXpresso IDE Version v11.1.1_3241

MCUXpresso Config Tools v8

Thanks regards,

Eric

0 Kudos
4 Replies

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric,

some SDK example project contains configuration only for pin muxing, but the configuration of peripheral is written outside Config Tools. Config Tool then shows the peripheral unconfigured.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

ericchan
Contributor I

Hi Marek,

Thanks for your reply, please advise if there are any SDK example projects for LPCXpresso5411x Dev Board which contains both configuration pin and peripheral, I think I should working based on them.

Thanks

Eric

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric,

try the following example:

boards\lpcxpresso54114\demo_apps\utick_wakeup_peripheral

It seems, peripheral-enabled examples ends with "_peripheral" suffix. There are more examples supported for FRDM-K64F, not sure why they are not available for LPC.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

ericchan
Contributor I

Hi Marek,

Actually, I would like to modify the parameter of sample codes on both UART_interrupt and SPI_interrupt. (e.g. Change UART and SPI port, change Baud rate and other communication parameter)  But now I can't link up the sample code with the config tool so I can't do the modification. Please advise how I can achieve this goal?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos