LPC55S69 USBHSD - auto-gen chirp/timer bug?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S69 USBHSD - auto-gen chirp/timer bug?

Jump to solution
lachlan_mcveigh
Contributor II

Using the MCUXpresso Config Tools with LPC55S69, I can get USBHSD code generated (using the CDC VCOM preset). This is awesome!

I've noticed that (a) MRT is required (b) code wrapped by #if CHIRP_ISSUE_WORKAROUND_NEEDED is generated. This seems to be resulting in a bug (I can provide code example if required).
The routine USB_DeviceClockInit() makes a call to USB_TimerInit(0, 1000U). This results in a compile error as the USB_TimerInit() function is not defined due to (my setup) not making use of the CHIRP_ISSUE_WORKAROUND_NEEDED macro.

Just commenting out the USB_TimerInit() seems to result in functioning code.

Is this a bug in the config tool?
What actually is the chirp issue? I couldn't see anything related to this in the LPC55s6x UM and Errata.

Target: lpcxpresso55s69 (1B silicon)

IDE: MCUXpresso v11.1.1
MCUXpresso Config Tools: v7.0  (I think this is what is bundled with the IDE version)

1 Solution
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lachlan,

let me confirm that there is indeed bug in USB component that will be fixed in MCUXpresso Config Tools v8. Attached you can also find path fixing the problem in USB component.

How to install the patch:

1. Ensure you have an administrator rights, MCUXpresso Configuration Tools are not running and the MCU data of the MCUs you want to use are available (downloaded) on your desktop.
  2. Copy the content of this archive into the tool's data folder:
    Windows: c:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v7
    Linux/Mac: /home/<USER>/.nxp/mcu_data_v7

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lachlan,

let me confirm that there is indeed bug in USB component that will be fixed in MCUXpresso Config Tools v8. Attached you can also find path fixing the problem in USB component.

How to install the patch:

1. Ensure you have an administrator rights, MCUXpresso Configuration Tools are not running and the MCU data of the MCUs you want to use are available (downloaded) on your desktop.
  2. Copy the content of this archive into the tool's data folder:
    Windows: c:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v7
    Linux/Mac: /home/<USER>/.nxp/mcu_data_v7

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
lachlan_mcveigh
Contributor II

Hi Lukas,

I can confirm, that seems to have worked.
USB_TimerInit(0, 1000U) gets wrapped by the CHIRP macro automatically now.

FYI, I still need to enable the MRT peripheral driver component to get USBHSD to not error flag an error. It's not really a problem but just letting you know just in-case this isn't desired behaviour.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Lachlan McVeigh,

This part of code is only for LPC5460x series.

For LPC55S6x, this part of code does not need, just delete them.

There is something issue with Config tool.

Regards,

Alice

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Lachlan McVeigh ,

I'm working on confirm with SE team, will tell you after I get answer. sorry for the inconvenient to you.

Regards,

Alice