Is the EDMA Auto stop request initialization missing?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the EDMA Auto stop request initialization missing?

Jump to solution
mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Hello jch

unfortunately I had some more troubles when using ADC and DMA.

The setting Auto stop request

pastedImage_5.png

only results in code when enabling the checkbox.

If I do not enable it I assume that it is disabled, but the reference manual shows that the DREQ bit

pastedImage_6.png

is unkonw after reset. In my test cases it always was set to '1' after reset which was not what I wanted it to be when running my code which I set up with MCUXpresso Config Tools.

I think MCUXpresso Config Tools should always include the line

EDMA_EnableAutoStopRequest(DMA_BASEADDR, USED_DMA_CHANNEL, false);

and set it to true if the checkbox is enabled.

Do you think this makes sense to get included in the next MCUXpresso Config Tools build?

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
martin_stano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

thank you for your feedback and the detailed describtion. I analyzed the problem and now I realized that the default initialized state of the TCD is as you described above. I will prepare the update of the component.

Best Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
martin_stano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefan,

in the following attachment there is a hotfix for your issue. There is information how to install the patch in the package.

Best Regards 

Martin

mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Thank you Martin!

Do you know when the next SDK version which includes all hotfixes will be released?

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
martin_stano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

regarding your issue description, there might be a problem, that you have not called EDMA_ResetChannel() function which will set DREQ (in the component enable Reset channel setting). Please, test it and let me know if the problem remains.

Best Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

thank you for the hint. The function EDMA_ResetChannel gets called (checkbox active) and therefore the DREQ bit gets set to 1.

If I use the checkbox "Reset channel" (which I think is good because the peripheral will be set to a known state) I have no way to disable the Auto stop request in MCUXpresso Config tools even if the checkbox "Auto stop request" looks like I have disabled the auto stop feature. If I do not set the checkbox Auto stop request no code will be generated and therefore the DREQ bit will stay at 1 until I call

EDMA_EnableAutoStopRequest(DMA0_DMA_BASEADDR, DMA0_CH0_DMA_CHANNEL, false);

in my own source code.

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
martin_stano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

thank you for your feedback and the detailed describtion. I analyzed the problem and now I realized that the default initialized state of the TCD is as you described above. I will prepare the update of the component.

Best Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
jch
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefan, 

I think that better person for this is martinstano.

Hi Martin, can you please look at it?

Thanks a lot

Jiri

0 Kudos