Is it possible in KBOOT 2.0 to use a flashloader project designed for the target chip MK22F12810, program it into a MK22F51212 chip, and use it as a bootloader for MK22F51212 projects?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible in KBOOT 2.0 to use a flashloader project designed for the target chip MK22F12810, program it into a MK22F51212 chip, and use it as a bootloader for MK22F51212 projects?

Jump to solution
brendanmerna
Contributor IV

The evaluation board I'm using has a MK22F12810 chip on it. We were having some issues bootloading with this until we made some modifications and got it working. Our production boards will have the MK22F51212 chip on them and I'm wondering if this same project can be used.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
brendanmerna
Contributor IV

Figured out my problem to this. We were using USB program as the application program to be bootloaded. The bootloader was working correctly, but because of a timing error between the bootloader jumping to the application code, the USB hub wasn't enumerating correctly. It seemed like the bootloader had messed up the code, but it was simply stuck trying to find the hub. Solution was to has some delays at the start of the application code, so the hub could enumerate correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
brendanmerna
Contributor IV

Figured out my problem to this. We were using USB program as the application program to be bootloaded. The bootloader was working correctly, but because of a timing error between the bootloader jumping to the application code, the USB hub wasn't enumerating correctly. It seemed like the bootloader had messed up the code, but it was simply stuck trying to find the hub. Solution was to has some delays at the start of the application code, so the hub could enumerate correctly.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Brendan Merna,

I have test the MK22F12810 flash bootloader in the TWR-K22F120M board.

NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\targets\MK22F12810

It works OK, the chip on TWR-K22F120M is MK22FN512VMC12.

Please check your K22F51212, if the chip you are using is these chip:

MK22FN512VDC12, MK22FN512VLL12,
MK22FN512VLH12, MK22FN512VMP12, MK22FN512VFX12,
MK22FN512CAP12R, MK22FN512CBP12R, MK22FN256CAP12R

You can use the official KBOOT2.0 K22 bootloader directly.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
brendanmerna
Contributor IV

Hey Kerry,

My project is also a KSDK 2.0 project. I've gotten the bootloader to enumerate and flash, but the result of this flashing seems to put the micro in a bad state. I've followed the document "How to adapt KDS applications for KBOOT bootloader", but I noticed its only valid up to KSDK 1.2. Is there another doc on creating a bootloadable KSDK 2.0 project?

-Brendan

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Brendan,

About the document for KBOOT2.0, please find it from this folder: NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\doc

You can read Kinetis Bootloader v2.0.0 Reference Manual.pdf.

Wish it helps you!

Any updated question, just let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos