FSEC settings and FTFC commands

Jump to solution
123gmax
Contributor II

Hello,

123gmax_0-1602176751063.png

Referring to above screenshot, "When the flash is secured
(FTFE_FSEC[SEC] = 00, 01, or 11), the programmer interfaces are only allowed to
launch mass erase operations."  What does the programmer interface mean here? Does this refer only to SWD or also the program code instruction which attempt to write to flash using FTFC commands? I am wondering if FSEC is enabled does the FSCI bootloader works to reprogram the application?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 123gmax

FSEC is used to secure the SWD interface, after it is secured, you can't read and write the code through the SWD, if you enable the mass erase, you can can do the mass erase through the SWD, it is used to protect the chips app, to limit the app is read out through the SWD.

But  it won't influence your own code, you still can use your own code, or the secondary bootloader to operate the flash, the FTFC comander still can be used in the chip's own code.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 123gmax

FSEC is used to secure the SWD interface, after it is secured, you can't read and write the code through the SWD, if you enable the mass erase, you can can do the mass erase through the SWD, it is used to protect the chips app, to limit the app is read out through the SWD.

But  it won't influence your own code, you still can use your own code, or the secondary bootloader to operate the flash, the FTFC comander still can be used in the chip's own code.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

123gmax
Contributor II

Hello @kerryzhou ,

Many thanks for your clarification on the topic. Appreciate it. 

Best Regards,

123gmax

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

Any new issues in the future, welcome to create the new question post.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos