cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ls1028ardb - How to change Code Warrior settings when changing emmc chip

pjw
Contributor II

Hi, I'm using ls1028ardb.
We are making custom boards, and we are trying to use emmc chips as chips other than those in bsp.

The question here is,
When I download image to the board using Code Warrior, is there anything need to set up? When connect the board to the host PC, it automatically recognizes the board, and I wonder if it recognizes the same thing even if I change the eMmc chip to another manufacturer's chip.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You could refer to section "CodeWarrior Connects to the Bare Board to do Flash Programing" in https://community.nxp.com/t5/CodeWarrior-for-QorIQ-Knowledge/Use-CodeWarrior-for-ARMv8-to-Debug-U-bo... to do flash programing with CodeWarrior.

To program the empty custom board without valid RCW on the target board, you could modify "USE_SAFE_RCW = True" in CodeWarrior initialization file to use hard-coded RCW to connect to the target board, then do flash programming.

In CodeWarrior, all eMMC device uses algorithm SD_MMC.bin, so it is possible to use same eMMC flash algorithm even you change the eMmc chip to another manufacturer's chip.

0 Kudos